Welcome to Divine By The Beach
Divine By The Beach Guest Agreement
Updated April 26th, 2023
Divine By The Beach is committed to providing you with the most convenient and reliable vacation rental experience possible. Please call us at (843) 920-2777 if we can help you in any way. The terms of our Guest Agreement are provided below and are intended to help you enjoy a safe, reliable and convenient booking. The Guest Agreement sets out the terms of your booking for a short-term rental.
- Policies: You must abide by following policies:
- Behave as you would in any home in which you live, with respect for property and neighbors.
- Unless we provide otherwise, you must be over the age of 25.
- You will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period and other occupants of the Unit during your booking will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision.
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of the Property: 14 Persons.
- Do not exceed the maximum parking of the Property, if applicable: 7 Vehicles.
- No parties, noise that can be heard beyond the Unit lot line or in adjacent units or any illegal activity may occur at the Unit.
- No pets are allowed. Registered service animals are allowed when you provide proof of registration upon request by the management.
- No smoking is allowed in the Unit.
- Check-in time is 4pm and check-out time is 10am – we will notify you via email in advance if early check-in or late check-out will be available.
- Please use common courtesy at the Unit by keeping it clean, reporting any problems or damages, washing dishes as used, cleaning the barbeque grill as used, putting garbage in the outside bins secured in trash bags, leaving towels in the bathrooms and sheets in the bedrooms, and not rearranging furniture.
- Cleaning: Each home will be cleaned and inspected by third-party cleaning contractors after your departure, consistent with the Additional Health Terms below. We ask you to help us enable the cleaning crews as much as possible. They will appreciate simple things like leaving the Unit tidy, stripping the linen from the beds, and putting the trash in the outside bins, secured in trash bags.
- Pools, Beaches, Recreational Equipment: If the Unit that you have reserved includes a pool or hot tub, or is on a beach, these can all be obviously dangerous. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the Unit or in your booking information and supervise all children at all times. Lifeguards are not provided. Decks and patios can be slippery when wet and can result in injury to anyone who is not careful. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of a pool, hot tub, beach and deck/patio areas. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to any of the following recreational equipment of any kind, including but not limited to a beach or pool equipment, golf cart, bicycles, docks, boats, paddleboards or other floating devices, pool or ping pong tables, game or sports equipment.
- Damage to Accommodations: Each Guest will be offered an optional damage waiver (the “Damage Waiver”) that protects you against unintended damage done to the Unit. This is not insurance, and the Damage Waiver does not apply to intentional damage done by the Guest or your guests, excessive wear and tear or damage due to parties, smoking, pets or otherwise, or additional cleaning charges due to stains or spills, or fines incurred by the police or HOA due to noise, excessive trash or parking, or damage over the purchased Damage Waiver amount of $1,500 or greater. If you would like to opt out of purchasing the Damage Waiver for your booking, you can do this by providing us with a security deposit of $3,000, or $5,000, depending on the Unit. Guest acknowledges that any damage or fines not covered by the Damage Waiver or above the amount of any security deposit can be charged to Guest (and Guest’s card on file). Please contact Divine By The Beach directly at (843) 920-2777 if you do not wish to purchase the Damage Waiver and would rather provide a security deposit.
- Excessive Wear and Tear, Noise and Occupancy: If excessive wear and tear is found for the Unit, or additional cleaning is necessary due to spills, trash left on site, stains to furniture, carpeting, linens, paint, wallpaper, or flooring, Guest authorizes Divine By The Beach to charge Guest for additional fees. Guest will be provided with a receipt for any additional fees incurred upon request or as required by local laws or regulations. If at any time the maximum number of the Unit’s occupants is exceeded, if we receive information about excessive noise, or any violation of any laws, regulations or terms of this Guest Agreement, then Divine By The Beach in its sole discretion, has the right to evict Guest and all occupants immediately and to charge Guest a minimum service fee of $250 with no refund for the balance of the remaining booking. If any sign of smoking is discovered, Guest authorizes Divine By The Beach to charge Guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. Unless the booking for the Unit specifically allows a pet, if any sign of a pet is discovered, then Guest authorizes Divine By The Beach to charge Guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. Divine By The Beach will return any balance of a security deposit to Guest, less any charges or amounts owed by Guest, within fourteen (14) days after the end of the booking or as otherwise required by local laws or regulations. Any charges owed by Guest may be charged by Divine By The Beach to Guest’s card on file in addition to seeking any relief provided by law.
- Maintenance and Access: We have the right to enter the Unit at any time during guest booking and we will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur. This is an associated risk of renting a residence or condo and if a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time or if the Unit is unavailable for any reason as determined in our discretion, we reserve the right to cancel and refund you or provide you with a credit for a stay on a different occasion at our discretion.
- Phone and Internet: Unless otherwise specified, all homes are equipped with a high-speed Wi-Fi connection where and when service is available. We will provide you with any required Wi-Fi passwords. We do not guarantee Wi-Fi uptime, speeds or reliability for work or other purposes. We do not provide landline phones for all homes and suggest that you please use your mobile phone or Wi-Fi enabled phone for calls.
- Furnished Rental and Supplies: Divine By The Beach properties are furnished properties that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, an equipped kitchen, TV, furnishings unless otherwise specified. A limited starter supply of paper products, bath and dish soap are provided, but will not be replaced if consumed during your booking so we recommend bringing additional personal items with you. Staples (salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc.) are not stocked by the Owner of the Unit since the COVID epidemic. Therefore, Divine By The Beach cannot commit these supplies being present. If there is a special type of item you are accustomed to using, please provide for those items by bringing them with you. Extra towels are always recommended for homes on the beach, or with a pool or hot tub.
- Weather and Other Unforeseen Events: Divine By The Beach does not accept liability for any inconveniences, delays or your inability to booking in a Unit arising from any temporary or permanent defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing, damage caused by weather, road closures or conditions, construction, natural disasters, disruption or cancellation of your travel, events, conferences or reason for your booking, government orders, pandemics, viruses, illnesses, infestations, water conditions, closings, pollution, acts of God or other reasons beyond Divine By The Beach’s control. No refunds will be given for any delays or cancellations due to such conditions. Accordingly, travel insurance with “cancel for any reason” terms is highly recommended for all bookings.
- Common Areas, Facilities & Amenities: Divine By The Beach. The Unit includes an elevator, these can all be obviously dangerous. Guests using the elevator have a 750 pound weight limit. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the Unit and supervise all children at all times. Children under 12 should not use the elevator unattended. Elevators are for the convenience of the guest to move luggage and carry items throughout the Unit. Elevators can malfunction and result in injury to anyone who is not careful. Guests accept and assume all risks involved in or related to the use of the elevator. Guests accept and assume all risks involved in or related to equipment of any kind, including but not limited to the elevator.
- Indemnity: Divine By The Beach assumes no liability for loss, theft, damage or injury to Guest, his/her guests or other occupants in the Unit. The Guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Divine By The Beach from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the Guest, his/her guests or other occupants of the Unit as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the Unit and agrees to hold Divine By The Beach free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this Guest Agreement, or their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- Unavailability: In the rare event the Unit that you have reserved is for sale, is sold or is otherwise unavailable for any reason as determined by Divine By The Beach, no refunds will be given due to such conditions. Accordingly, travel insurance with “cancel for any reason” terms is highly recommended for all bookings.
- Identification and Compliance: All guests are subject to our identification and risk screening process, which may require the Guest to provide personal, credit card and other information as determined by Divine By The Beach prior to booking the Unit. We may cancel a booking at any time if Guest fails to complete our Guest identification and risk screening process as determined at our discretion. Divine By The Beach does not prefer, limit or discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- Payment and Cancellations: We accept all major credit cards. For bookings made more than 30 days in advance, we only charge a deposit of 50% of the total booking upon booking, with full payment due 30 days prior to check-in. For all bookings made within 30 days of check-in, we collect payment in full at the time of booking. All bookings which are made more than 10 days in advance are fully refundable with the exception of the payment processing fees — if the guest cancels the booking within 72 hours after the time of booking. After this cancellation period expires, all guest payments are non-refundable and the booking is non-changeable and non-cancellable by the Guest.
- Additional Health Terms and Waiver of Liability:
Divine By The Beach has taken reasonable steps to ensure that your Unit has been properly cleaned and sanitized with industry standard, EPA approved supplies and disinfectant procedures designed to effectively eliminate viruses and microbes prior to your arrival, including novel coronavirus, COVID-19 (collectively “Disease”), which has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is reported to be extremely contagious. In order to ensure the safety of all Guests, Owners, workers and related parties, you agree that you are personally responsible for your safety and actions regarding your or any member of your party’s use of the Unit If you or any members of your party meet any of the below conditions or fail to abide by the following guidelines, you agree that you and the members of your party will be at higher risk of contracting a Disease in connection with your use of the Unit:
- Has experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle pain, or a loss of taste and/or smell within the 14 days prior to your booking arrival;
- Has been living, visiting, or otherwise exposed to anyone with a fever or a cough within the 30 days prior to your booking arrival;
- Has traveled more than 25 miles from their home, internationally or resided or visited any U.S. State with an infection rate of over 70 per 1,000 people within the 14 days prior to your booking arrival;
- Has failed to practice safe social distancing, proper hand washing, or any other recommended precautions within the 14 days prior to your booking arrival;
- Do not maintain sanitation in the Unit by ensuring all members of the party wash all personal belongings, persons, and the Unit itself after contact, in order to provide a clean and safe Unit; or
- Do not read, understand, and ensure all members of the party fully comply with all State and County rules, ordinances, laws and executive orders during your booking, specifically including those related to social distancing, quarantine, or public health.
You agree that it is not possible to prevent against the presence of the Disease. Therefore, if you choose to utilize the Unit you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading Disease. You agree that you have read and understood the above warning concerning Disease. By using the Services and Unit you hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting Disease for yourself and/or your children and members of your party in order to utilize the Services and Unit. You agree that these Services are of such value to you and your children and members of your party that you accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading Disease in order to utilize the Services and Unit. If you do not agree to these terms do not use the Services and Unit.
- Severability: If any part of this Guest Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Guest Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Guest Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
- Effectiveness, Agreement & Counterparts. You agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of this Guest Agreement as of the earlier of: (a) the date you electronically sign or accept the Guest Agreement; or (b) the date you use any Services, including the Site, a Unit, including making a booking or any payments for a booking via the Site. The Guest Agreement governs your access to and use of the Services and Unit and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Divine By The Beach. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES, SITE OR UNIT.